Re: Money wasted on purchase of debian cd?

[CC'd to debian-user since this has been put in public.]

On Apr 22, Jens Arvidsson wrote:
> this long posting has nothing much to do with Debian at all, but I
> never the less hope that it is in some way relevant to the group.

Actually, since it pertains to Debian CDs, I suppose it has a great
deal to do with Debian.

> In the beginning of this year, I ordered a cd package with Debian
> binaries from Chris Lawrence, who offers cd:s at cost price.
>
> When three weeks had passed without my package showing up, I queried
> Chris as to the status of my order. He replied promptly that it had
> been sent of the same day. As I received the package a week later, I
> noticed that I had got another package than that
> which my order was for, so I put the package back, along with an
> explaining note, and returned it.
>
> I then waited for a month until I contacted Chris again (this was
> March 10th), and queried as to whether he had received the package,
> and whether it could be replaced.
>
> However, I did never hear from him, and my several attempts to contact
> him has gone by seemingly unnoticed.
>
> Now, does someone have any ideas of how to persuade Chris to handle my
> order (or return my money), since simply e-mailing him doesn't seem to
> do the trick?

The glib answer would be to have patience.  I've been horribly behind
in the CD business, mainly due to taking on far too many
responsibilities, most of which have been a distraction from Debian
and hacking in general.

As for your order in particular, I'm hoping to have a batch of orders
shipped on Monday, including your Intel order.

Chris