Re: how do you set your system clock from a remote time server?

Rdate is it's own package (in main/net)--a consequence of the Great Netstd
Shakeup.  I'm kind of guessing you need to look into hwclock (in
main/base/util-linux) as a replacement for clock (I've never really dealt
with RH's clock, so I'm feeling around in the dark on this one).  Having
said this, you might want to consider jumping protocols to the newer NTP
and install ntpdate: it's relatively automagic and I've heard rumors that
the atomic clocks are deprecating rdate.