Re: how do you set your system clock from a remote time server?

On Sat, Apr 22, 2000 at 08:39:19AM -0700, Pann McCuaig wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 22, 2000 at 10:54, Maury Merkin wrote:
> > I saw, just a few days ago, a post with a command to get the current
> > time and reset the system clock.
> >
> > I didn't pay much attention then 'cause I thought the script I used to
> > use with RH would work.  They don't.  (No 'rdate' and no 'clock').
>
> $ dpkg -S rdate
> netstd: /usr/man/man8/rdate.8.gz
> netstd: /usr/sbin/rdate

On my woody system:
  $ apt-cache show netstd
  [...]
  Filename: dists/frozen/main/binary-i386/net/netstd_3.07-17.deb
  [...]
   This package exists only to provide smooth upgrades.  Please remove it.

Note that in potato/woody, you'll need the rdate package instead of
netstd. Everything that was in netstd in slink has been split to
external packages, and netstd is an empty package that depends on them
all to help with updates.

It also gives a bit more flexibility over which identd/fingerd to run.

--
  finger for GPG public key.