Re: Dell Inspiron 7000 and Debian?

On 2000-04-21 16:12:30, Mats Rynge wrote:

> I just got the offer to buy a Dell Inspiron 7000 and I wonder if anyone here
> got any thoughts about running Debian on it. Pros? Cons? It is the PII 333
> model with 96 megs. Has builtin DVD (can I at least use it as cd-rom?) and a
> builtin modem (Winmodem I guess...). How well does the suspend/resume
> functions work with Linux?

suspend/resume causes disk corruption even when set not to write
to disk.  The key combo is very close to one of the emacs keys,
so it came in the way quite often.

I had to install a special X server, but worked great once installed.
Beautiful screen.  Heavy. Hot after short use.  Slow compared to a
desktop, but that's usual for laptops, I guess.

/Allan
--
Allan Wind			email: wind@freewwweb.com
P.O. Box 2022			finger: wind@digit-safe.dyndns.org (GPG/PGP)