Re: Linux Installation

On Sat, 22 Apr 2000, college pc wrote:

> Dear, Sir
> How are you ...
> I have 4 CD's  , 2 Binary & 2 source of Debian Linux 2.1r2 . I try to install it.
>
> 1-  I ask about applications, are they included in these 3 other cd's or not.?

The "GNU/Linux operating sytem" = the kernel + OS specific tools + tons of other
apps. The 2 source CD's are not required for the installation though, they
contain the sources of what is on the other CD's.

> 2- Until I complete installation nothing about ( please insert CD label 2 or
3 or 4 )
>     for what they?

The Debian installation consists of 2 phases :
first the base system (~25 M) is installed (from the first CD only), then after
rebooting the other packages. You'll have to use the 2nd CD when dselecting the
packages, in the "Update the list of packages" step. (you should read the
dselect tutorial from the 1st CD)

> 3- From the beginning of installation, no way to changemind and
exit or resume?

If you want to exit from install, go to the "reboot the system" (or something
like that) step.