Re: Linux Installation

college pc wrote:
> Dear, Sir
> How are you ...
> I have 4 CD's  , 2 Binary & 2 source of Debian Linux 2.1r2 . I try to install it.
>
> 1-  I ask about applications, are they included in these 3 other cd's or not.?

Debian comes with a whole bunch of applications and programs.  If
you are missing something, please check out http://packages.debian.org/
and find out if it's packaged up for potato.  Commercial apps are
not included in Debian since Debian is non-commercial and depends
on freedom, something commercial (and proprietary, of course)
applications doesn't provide.

More applications are found on http://freshmeat.net/

> 2- Until I complete installation nothing about ( please insert CD label 2 or 3 or 4 )
>     for what they?

I don't understand.

> 3- From the beginning of installation, no way to changemind and exit or resume?

There is.  Theinstallation routine always determines the next
step according what it has found.  Thus resuming is possible.

Regards,

	Joey

--
The good thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.
	-- Andrew S. Tanenbaum