Trouble booting Debian GNU/Linux

I am trying to install Debian system from the VA LiNUX Systems, O'Reilly,
sgi boxed set.

The kernel it uses is the Linux 2.2.12 (from Kernel-image
2.2.12-2.2.12-1).

The motherboard is a PK5. There is no manufacture on the board or doc,
but I found a ABIT board my that name and the BIOS numbers match there
numbers for this board.

It has the Award Modular BIOS 4.50G it also prints the line "Green Cache
Pentium PCI System BIOS" right after the Award BIOS line. At the bottom
of the screen it prints "10/19/94-SiS-501-503-2A5IAA11-70"

The BIOS setup screen has at the top "PCI/ISA BIOS (2A5IAA11)"

Problem:
  When I hit <return> at the boot prompt the kernel loads and
uncompresses then starts.
  message are being listed on the screen.
   .
   .
   .
   Intel Pentium with F0 0F bug - workaround enabled
   POSIX conformance testing by UNIFIX
   PCI: PCI BIOS revision 2.00 entry at 0xfc380

  at this point it freezes and will do nothing more.

Thanks for the help
Paul Hankins