Re: chop LF

> the problem is foo is end in "LF" ( 0A ), and it will let a.out
> get wrong output. if i run
>
> #a.out
>
> and input data from keybord, then end it by ctrl+D, will get the
> right answer.

i'm not sure, if i understand you right ... you are having trouble to
detect the end of file, when there is an empty line at it's end, right?

i didn't test it, but this should be the default way of doing it:

FILE *fd;
char buf[1000];

while(!feof(fd)) {
  fgets(buf,sizeof(buf),fd);
}

Linux - the last service pack you'll ever need.