Re: New (to Debian) user with some (what else?) questions

> What in the world would make me enter "info pon" if I had never heard of
> 'pon?'

Well, pppconfig, which dialup users run during installation, does mention
it.

> I did see a brief reference somewhere (the Debian Installation Guide?
> some script during the installation process?  wherever?) which said to
> read the diald HOWTO and I haven't yet done that, but I'll be amazed if
> it suggests 'pon' 'poff' or 'wvdial.'

None of the HOWTO's mention pon, poff, pppconfig, or wvdial.

Diald is for dial-on-demand with fancy filtering.  No need to look at it
unless you want to do that.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org