Re: IMAP

On Thu, Apr 20, 2000 at 09:44:14AM -0700,
Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira <baptista@linuxsolutions.com.br> wrote:
> 	I have to install an IMAP Server in a client. Can anyone
> recommends an IMAP server ammong Debian packages?

I'm just learning about IMAP myself. I'd recommend courier-imap
as long as you don't plan to use mutt with it. mutt seems to have
problems talking to courier-imap, but no problems talking to UW
imap. I've already filed bug reports. Courier-imap is smaller and
faster than UW imap and it supports Maildir (UW imap also
supports Maildir, but this is patched into the debian version,
whereas courier was designed specifically for Maildir).

> 	Can anyone tell more or less what to do after installing
> this package. I dont know anything about IMAP (yet).

IMAP works great out of the box with either of these packages!
With courier-imap, each user will have to run 'maildirmake
Maildir' to create their INBOX, but that's it! Both packages come
with good documentation.

> 	Currently I use Exim.

Both imap daemons i mentioned work well with Exim (that's what
i'm using).

P.S. Please wrap lines at 65 columns.

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> epg@pobox.com

"Let us be thankful we have commerce. Buy more. Buy more now.
 Buy. And be happy."
--OMM (THX 1138)