Re: Upgrading to Kernel version 2.3.28

>   Is it possible to upgrade an existing 2.0.34 kernel versioned Debian distribution
> to kernel version 2.3.28 ?
>   If so, where can I get more details on how to proceed with the same ?

uuhhh ... you want upgrade by "1.5" major kernel versions at once ...
possibly it's the best to wait some time, until kernel 2.4 is ready and
there are distributions, which support it fully (woody).
if you need it now, then you'll have to download the kernel source (which
you've done already), persuade the compiler to use the include files from
this kernel source
(do "ln -s /usr/src/linux-2.3.38/include/linux /usr/include/linux", same
with .../asm). additionally you probably need many kernel-near programs,
which match the new kernel.

btw: are there .debs of 2.3.x kernel sources? this would make it easier

Linux - the last service pack you'll ever need.