Re: rebooting as user

"Mullins, Ron" wrote:

> To Nate: I'm assuming that by GDM you mean Gnome? Yes, it's installed. Gnome
> guys should have the shutdown read shutdown.allow, huh?
>
> Please guys. How do YOU reboot, those of you who haft to. There has to be an
> easy way to let a DSU home user reboot while in transition. I don't want to
> hear, "I couldn't get anything done. You had the computer in Linux and I
> don't know how to restart it. Can't you just let me run Windows?"

I use GDM, which is separate from Gnome (the Gnome equivalent of KDM). In my
gdm.conf, I have:
    # set SystemMenu to 1 if you want to reboot/shutdown without logging in
    SystemMenu=1
I just logout of Gnome, then go to System -> Reboot (or Halt), which doesn't require
any special permissions. Works great for those unenlightened family members who hate
Linux :(

HTH,
J.