Re: libc6 howto

Dominic Blythe <Dominic.Blythe@BCPSoftware.com> writes:

> so if i've got libc6 does this mean i've got LinuxThreads/gpthread whatever?

libc6 corresponds to GNU libc 2.x (glibc)

try "info libc" (or one of the debian tools) to find out if you have glibc
>= 2.1.x. older versions (2.0.x) are not threadsafe (I think it was
supposed to be, but there are bugs).

i.e. info libc yields (on my system):

   This is Edition 0.07 DRAFT, last updated 4 Oct 1996, of `The GNU C
Library Reference Manual', for Version 2.00 Beta of the GNU C Library.
(but it's better to check the packages, because the manual might be outdated).

--
Felix Natter