samba weirdness

hi-

i'm using samba 2.0.6 on kernel 2.2.14 and i've just run into something very strange.  i've been working on configuring gcc 2.95.2 on an nt4 share using smbmount, and when i run the configure script  debian thinks the created directories and files have dates like July 26, 1943 <!>, while nt reports them correctly.  has anyone run into this kind of thing?

John Cuson
(jcuson@labs.isdh.state.in.us)

"Someday we'll look back on this moment and plow into a parked car."
                                -- Evan Davis