Linux Network Problem.

Dear sir,

    Good morning. I'm a Debian Linux new user and
currently I'm facing some problem with my network
connection. I followed the instruction from Linux
installation help,
(resc1440.bin,root.bin,base2_1.tgz,loadlin.exe,install).i'd
use the files (above) to install in my PC (Pentium II)
and type install , then step by step to configure the
Linux. After install , the network is unreachable. May
i know what is the problem and how to set up my
network for the PC so that my PC(Linux) can connect to
the other server (UNIX). I'm using utp cable and 3com
network card.

    Besides, I cannot use the 'man' help in Linux
after i had installed the Linux in my PC. What is the
file need to be copied or executed so that I can use
'man' command in Linux environment. Thank you for
help.

Linux User.