Re: install help with a SCSI CDROM on a 486

"Lewis, James M." wrote:

> > I've been fighting this Debian install for 3 weeks and am about tired of
> > it.
> > If I don't get an answer here, then I am taking the damn CD to the skeet
> > range. OK, here is what I got:
> >
> > Debian 2.1 bootable CD, official type that comes in the box, has the
> > Debian
> > tm logo on it and the O'Rielly cow book in the box with it

[snip]

> > One of the references that I found is at
> >
> > http://customer.support.redhat.com/rhoaprod/plsql/xxrh_know_pkg.srch2?p_id
> > =1
> > 20
> >
> > and its example was   aha152x=0x340,10,7
> > however, I believe that I should have aha152x=0x140,10,7 due to the IO
> > address

[snip]

> > The question remains, where do I tell Debian to aha152x=0x140,10,7 in this
> > process?? I don't see a place to pass these parameters to the install
> > program. What am I missing???

aha, indeed.

that looks like a job for lilo, the linux loader. it reads a file
/etc/lilo.conf which contains various setup directives like that.

there's a "liloconfig" program that may help or hinder, depending on
what you need to tweak.

check
	man lilo
	man lilo.conf
	man lilo.config

of course, i could be wrong. :)

> > Also, when I get to modules, what module do I load for the NIC??

that's beyond me, just yet. (i know how you feel--i've been trying
to get my debian going for about three weeks too... but i think
i'm finally there!)