Need help with mirroring non-US (fwd)

Rick Macdonald <rickmacd@home.com> writes:

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I later sent the post below, showing my mirror.defaults file. The paths
> look correct to me, using the same server as you. If I run in debug mode,
> it does read and xfer the dir contents, but it hangs at the end. Perhaps
> if you wouldn't mind sending your entire mirror file I can pick it apart
> and resolve this. I've tried many times for hours each time over what
> seems an entire year.

     Your remote directory line is:
     remote_dir=/debian-non-US/dists/potato/non-US

     What I sent was:

        remote_dir=/debian-non-US/dists/woody/non-US/main/binary-all
        remote_dir=/debian-non-US/dists/woody/non-US/main/binary-i386
        remote_dir=/debian-non-US/dists/woody/non-US/contrib/binary-all
        remote_dir=/debian-non-US/dists/woody/non-US/contrib/binary-i386
        remote_dir=/debian-non-US/dists/woody/non-US/non-free/binary-all
        remote_dir=/debian-non-US/dists/woody/non-US/non-free/binary-i386

     Of course, s/potato/woody/.  It appears to be necessary to list
the directories under woody/non-US, but I don't understand why, since
recursive is supposed to be the default.  A year or so ago, non-US was
not divided into main, contrib, and non-free.

Bob
--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard    <hilliard@debian.org>