receiving mail / qpopper

I have a small network with a firewall and another computer.  Both have
Slink installed.  On the firewall computer I have exim, fetchmail,
qpopper and mutt installed.  I can send and receive mail just fine from
the firewall.  What I want to do is send and receive from the other
computer.  At this point I can send mail from my second box but I can't
receive through Netscape mail.  When I try to get mail off the firewall
I get "Netscape is unable to locate the server 'one' Please check the
server name and try again.  In /etc/exim.conf I have "qualify_domain =
one"  I don't have smart hosting enabled -- do I have to?  I'm not quite
sure how that works.  I'm a little confused here.  I know I'm probably
not giving much to go on but that is the best I can do at this point.  I
will keep searching.
Thanks,
kent