Re: Upgrade to 500MHz problems

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, John wrote:

> Not wanting to put Debian at risk, I tried to boot Windows - no go and
> I could not use safe mode. I re-studied the M/Board Manual and checked

On AMD CPUs Windows 95 falls over at clock speeds exceeding 350 MHz.  You
can download a patch from Microsoft that will fix the problem, but to
install it you will have to drop your system speed down to slow.  Try
setting your system multiplier to x3 instead of x5 to run at 300 MHz.
Windows should probably boot fine.

I think the patch filename is AMDK6UPD.EXE.