Dell PowerEdge PERC 3/Si (fwd)

I've been following some threads on this list regarding people having
problems getting the Dell PERC with the adaptec chips working and have a
status update for everyone.

	I've contacted the Dell Arizona Engineering group and been given a
set of RedHat installation disks with binary-only module support for this
card.  (No, this is NOT the AMI MegaRaid, this is the Adaptec version, and
it does have support).  I've put in a request for the source which has
been denied, but I've also asking for permission to redistribute the
module in binary format (permission still pending).

	Assuming support to redistribute the binary module comes I will
start working on creating a debian boot disk with support for the modules
this card requires (if there is still express interest for
it).  Unfortunately I can only get the module installed if I install
RedHat, so I'm currently doing that to one of my PowerEdge 2450's.  If
anyone is interested in contributing to my little side project here,
please let me know in a private e-mail, and I'll keep the list updated as
to any advances I make.  Please remember I need authorization to
redistribute this module before I can take any steps in this direction. :)

Geoff Norton
WiredKingdom.com Director of Technology
iRover.com Director of Technology
Direct Line: (416)892-3051
geoff@iRover.com
geoff@wiredkingdom.com
geoff@timecity.org
Lead Network Developer of the Time City project.