Re: HELP! How to use ISDN in debian?

Hi,

Robert Varga hat gesagt: // Robert Varga wrote:

> What do I need to do to make an ISDN card work in Linux?
>
> What modules do I need to install?
> What do I need to do to configure the ISDN card?
> Can I use the two 64kbit channels separately and how?
> What other packages support the ISDN channel?
> Etc...

You will need the isdnutils Package:

 This package includes all the utilities to get an ISDN system up and
 running.

After that the usual procedure:

Read the docs in /usr/share/doc/isdnutils especially
/usr/share/doc/isdnutils/HOWTO.isdnutils.gz which includes *all* you
need to know.

You might need to compile a new kernel. I don't know if the stock debian
kernel images have support for your hardware.

Before configuring the new kernel, make sure you read the ISDN-docs in
the kernel source tree.
--
                                                 __    __
 Frank Barknecht       ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______