From: Rainer Dorsch <rainer@rai16.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de>
To: Serena Peters <speters@ulg.ac.be>
Date: Wednesday, April 12, 2000 6:29 PM
Subject: Re: installation problem

> Hello
>
> I´m new in debian world and I try to install a debian version GNU/Linux
2.1
> I have problems when I try to install the kernel !
> he give me the path where the file can be found and after that, I have a
> error message that tells me : "Couldn´t find the floppy driver" !
> The floppy is OK ! There are no problems with it but I can´t do anythings
> else with my debian version !
>
> Somebody can help me to solve that problem?

Serena,

you should describe more detail, what you are doing. The obvious question
for
me is here:

Are you stuck with the rescue disk?

Are you installing from a CDROM?

What are the last message which appear on the screen?

I think then people should be able to help you.

--
Rainer Dorsch
Abt. Rechnerarchitektur  e-mail:rainer.dorsch@informatik.uni-stuttgart.de