Re: ssh passphrase

That's what ssh-agent is for. You run ssh-agent and it will output environment
variable for a unix domain socket. Then you run ssh-add and type in your passphrase.
The ssh-agent caches your key and access is limited to your user (permissions on the
unix socket). This is not secure enough for some of course.