Re: removing hard drives

Remove or modify the mount point entries from your /etc/fstab

In addition, compare the devices your /etc/fstab has listed
for your mount points compared to the devices that are coming
up in bootup. You can always do a

# dmesg | less

to see how your devices (drives) are coming up.

For example,

/home  /dev/hdc1

may now be

/home  /dev/hdb1

you may very well have to use a rescue disk to do this.

On Fri, Apr 21, 2000 at 08:21:19AM -0400, Chris Mason wrote:
> I had three hard drives, one boot drive and one partitioned into two. I
> physically removed the second hard drive ( who needs 20GB on a linux
> system). Now I get errors on boot(fsck). How do I removed the dives from
> the boot sequence?

I, for one, could use an extra 20 Gigs.

--
Brian Lavender