dselect issues..

1) I think I have the most up to date stable (slink) system, I have used apt-get to do an update/upgrade, and everything seems OK.

2) when I use dselect, I do not get the multi-cd option; but I have a release on multiple cd's (2.1R4).

3) when I use the cd2 from this set, all works fine, but if I try to use cd1, it complains about the path, and no Packages file found, although it is there, and in the right place (same as CD#2).

4) I tried to do apt-get install xfree86 to get the most up to date version, but it did nothing. Is there a way to use apt-get to know what needs upgrade, and to get the latest without 80-100MB downloads?

Thanks,
Gregory
Dr. Gregory Guthrie
guthrie@mum.edu         (515)472-1125    Fax: -1103
       Computer Science Department
       College of Science and Technology
       Maharishi University of Management
      (Maharishi International University 1971-1995)
        http://www.mum.edu/cs_dept