Re: sendmail

> i have no idea.  is this dealt with in a Ruleset or with a
> command/option?  i've set the following in the .cf file:

you should configure it to be a null client using the /etc/mail/sendmail.mc
file.  the feature you want is described at:

	http://www.sendmail.org/m4/features.html

one thing to be aware of is that a null client is a special configuration.
you can't make any other configuration changes, it's a special, bare bones
config.  for example it's impossible to have any anti-spam rules in a null
client config so if this is going to be a machine which is accessible by the
world you probably don't want to use it.  use one of the other mechanisms i
described.

> # hub host (to which all mail is sent)
> DHpaladin.srn.com
>
> # `smart' host
> DSpaladin.srn.com
>
> # who I masquerade as (null for no masquerading) (see also $=M)
> DMsrn.com

masquerading and smart host configs WILL NOT work in a null client
config.  i don't think this will be causing your problem but it could be
confusing sendmail into doing something whacky.

> i thought perhaps this message was because sperison99@hotmail.com is a
> non-existent user on the target (paladin.srn.com).

unless you've told your sendmail that hotmail.com is a local domain (by
putting it into your /etc/mail/sendmail.cw file or a line into
/etc/mail/mailertable) this is not the case.  if you have done that then you
need to remove that.

adam.