Re: OT: Video cards? Creating Athlon Debian box..

you should also take into account the linux kernel itself, only the most
recent kernels suport the athlon, most of the older ones just crash on
it. if i remember right if the distribution is 2.2.x based you need at
least 2.2.13 for the kernel. if it is 2.0.x based there shouldn't be a
problem(although there could be) as the 2.0.x are more generic(i have a
2.0.36 i686 SMP kernel that ran on my dual p2 running on a p200mmx just
fine)

you will know right away if the distribution/kernel is compadible as it
will crash within seconds of boot if it is not.

although whatever distribution i expect you would choose the newest rev of
it, avoid the older ones with the older kernels.

cpu type/speed has very little to do with what will and won't work in X.

nate