Anyone using the ConTeX package in tetex? Is broken?

I've been trying to figure out the ConTeX package in TeX and I ran into
a few troubles. First, it wasn't even enabled or built -- so I had to
edit the config files and then build it. But it's still missing some set
up files. When I run LaTeX on anything, I now get this warning:

(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/supp-pdf.tex
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/supp-mis.tex

which  doesn't seem to matter generally.  But the real bummer is
trying to run texexec --output=pdf <somefile> and alot of things are
placed badly (I'm using a bunch of sample.tex files from the ConTeX
folks -- so you'd think they'd work!). It's seems to not have all of the
definition files needed to properly handle things.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else on this list is using it.

--
¶ One·should·only·use·the·ASCII·character­set·when·compos­

» ing·email·messages.