Crypt::CBC and Crypt::DES

I am trying to build Crypt::CBC and Crypt::DES on a Sparc machine.  These
perl libraries are need to run the OpenSRS domain registration client.
Crypt::DES is giving me problems.  I am using
http://cpan.perl.org/authors/id/GARY/Crypt-DES-1.20.tar.gz to build.

It built without complaint but "make test" complains about 2 (out of 4)
failed tests. There are no problems with the test when I build it on an
x86.

Is there any chance that these perl libraries are available in Debian?  I
couldn't find them.  If anyone has a .deb (or knows how I could correct
this) that would be great.

I needed to make one change in des.h:

# include <sys/types.h>

instead of