RE: Partitioning

> > > 1GB Fat(for file sharing between NT and Linux)
> > >
> > remark: kernel 2.4 will support ntfs write access (even though still
> > experimental, i think). so you would not need a "share partition"
>
> Is 2.4 supported in potato?(Meaning just download the kernel and recompile
> it) or it's going to be in woody only..

it's woody only. i'm planning to install potato (once it is stable) and
then try to install a 2.4 kernel on it. i have no idea, how difficult this
will be.

> Thanks for the recommandation.. but is the var having 150Mb too little?
>
> using dselect, access with apt.. I can't install stuffs bigger that the var
> size.. as it seems to first cache the stuff in the /var/cache and then
> install it.

don't know ... at the moment i have no debian. on my system i mostly get
along with 200M.

> or should I link /var to /usr/var ?
really bad idea ...
/usr is the most static data on the system, while /var is the most dynamic
one. i have very often inconsistencies on /var after a crash, while never
on /usr. it's kind of a risk to put /var on /usr.

Linux - the last service pack you'll ever need.