Re: Choosing private domain name

When I set up a small masqueraded private network, that is connected
to Internet only by ppp link, I set up the domain for this network
like 'whatever.loc'. Usually, I also build a DNS server, that is a
master for whatever.loc, but also points to root servers on Internet.
Sendmail is configured to relay whatever.loc domain, but when the
queued messages are sent from it to 'real' SMTP server on Internet,
the envelope address is rewritten to real one, i.e. instead of
user@whatever.loc the From: field will read user@realdomain.com. To do
this, I wrote a set of rules for sendmail, but later I found, that
this can be easilly done by masquerade_envelope macro in sendmail-m4.

Radim