Re: Booting trouble.

On Fri, Apr 07, 2000 at 11:37:48PM +0200, Hans wrote:
> I installed potato (hda6) today next to slink (hda8). I installed lilo in
> the mbr when installing potato. I added the slink entry to /etc/lilo.conf.
> Now when I get the lilo-prompt I can boot potato (boots fine) and slink
> (trouble).
>
> First, slink goes to runlevel 2 and gives this daemon error:
>
> 'syslogd syslogd: cannont create /dev/log: Invalid argument
> klogd'

Do you have a /dev/log?  I'm not sure why you wouldn't, but settings on
my system are:

[karsten@angel:karsten]$ ll /dev/log
srw-rw-rw-    1 root     root            0 Apr 10 06:31 /dev/log

> Then I get to tty1 and up comes:
>
> 'INIT: Id "T3" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes'

Presumably this is a serial tty on your modem?  Why are you running
this?  Why not comment out the line in your /etc/inittab (line starting
"T3"), and address your other issues first.