Booting trouble.

I installed potato (hda6) today next to slink (hda8). I installed lilo in
the mbr when installing potato. I added the slink entry to /etc/lilo.conf.
Now when I get the lilo-prompt I can boot potato (boots fine) and slink
(trouble).

First, slink goes to runlevel 2 and gives this daemon error:

'syslogd syslogd: cannont create /dev/log: Invalid argument
klogd'

Then I get to tty1 and up comes:

'INIT: Id "T3" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes'

I can log in alright, but still..... Before I mess it up even more, I want
to ask you guys what is going on with my slink system and maybe ways to fix
this. Thanks and have a nice weekend. --hans