Help installing Netscape

Dear friends,

I have hesitated to ask this simple question here, but after quite along
time, my head is sore from banging it against the wall . . .

Several problems:

   * I  downloaded 16 MB  from
     ftp.netscape.com/pub/communicaotr/english/4.72/unix/supported/linux20_glibc2/complete_install/

     communicator-v472-export.x86-unknown-linuxglibc2.0.tar.gz
   * At least it was close to that!
   * I waited for it to ask me where it would put it, having read that
     it should go into /tmp. It didn't ask, just started coming at me,
     so I left it alone. All night.
   * Now I can't find it. I've tried locate with lots of permutations,
     but to no avail. Where are things put by default? Is it possible
     there was a problem with the dl, and that it isn't here?
   * I have read with interest the messages to newbies about using the
     help before writing messages like this, but I actually need more
     help before I can make us of the help. when I go to /usr/doc and do
     ls, I do see all the help, but I don't know how to open it.

Another question:

   * I have installed Gnome/Enlightenment. Maybe. I have a terminal
     window glued to the upper left corner of the screen that I can't
     figure out how to minimize or banish.
   * There are almost no apps available. Do I need to install things
     like a word processor and a spreadsheet separately? They aren't
     part of Gnome?

That's plenty for now!

Thanks you so much.

-- Chris Joyner