Re: help 2 probs

> "DESTROYERBOOOM!!!" wrote:
>
> Hi am have Windows and well did have Debian on on hard drive.  I
> installed it with out a problem.  Then I installed my pacakegs.  eg:
> games, firewall, internet, dial up,x windows, typical installition or
> something like that adn then after who knows how long it was done.  I
> logged in and I typed startx to start the x windows then nothing it
> says x windows crash can not somehting x118.  I am not sure if it was
> x118 or x18 it was like that and some other list and locations.  I can
> not start the x windows and I want to.  So then I logged off and
> logged in as root and still same problem how do i get x windows to
> work correctly.  Part 2 I have Creative Sound Blaster Live! Value how
> do I get it supported

DB-

Did you ever actually install X?  If not, instead of typing "startx" you
need to type "XF86Setup" and if that doesn't work either install the VGA
server via dselect or type "xf86config" to get X running.

If you had X installed previously, try "XF86Setup" at the command prompt
and check out your settings to see what's crashing X.

Erik Ryberg
--
Running Debian GNU/Linux
www.GNU.org