help 2 probs

Hi am have Windows and well did have Debian on on hard drive.  I installed it with out a problem.  Then I installed my pacakegs.  eg: games, firewall, internet, dial up,x windows, typical installition or something like that adn then after who knows how long it was done.  I logged in and I typed startx to start the x windows then nothing it says x windows crash can not somehting x118.  I am not sure if it was x118 or x18 it was like that and some other list and locations.  I can not start the x windows and I want to.  So then I logged off and logged in as root and still same problem how do i get x windows to work correctly.  Part 2 I have Creative Sound Blaster Live! Value how do I get it supported