Re: want only 1 lp

Quoting Kenneth Scharf(scharkalvin@yahoo.com):
Kenneth>
Kenneth> I have 3 lp cards in my computer at dos
addresses
Kenneth> lpt1, lpt2, and lpt3.  I only want the one at
lpt1 to
Kenneth> be attached to the lp driver(s).  I want the
other two
Kenneth> ports free for my own software.  I am running
potato

I only use one lp port for debian.  As the 2.2.x and
above kernels
have renumbered the ports (lp1 now is lp0) I have this
in my lilo.
config.

append  = "hdd=cdrom lp=parport0 parport=0x378,none"

The ',none' is to ignore IRQ's, thus freeing up an IRQ
for other
uses.
I tried the above but it does not seem to work.  See
the output of dmesg when my kernel boots. (attachment)
Note that lp0, 1 and 2 are still attached.

=====
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

http://www.qsl.net/wa2mze

Debian Gnu Linux, Live Free or .....