Broke sound when upgrading a number of packages

Hi,

I was upgrading a number of packages the other day and broke my sound
installation.  As I upgraded a number of things at once, I am not
exactly sure which one broke my sound config.

I suspect it was Enlightenment Sound Daemon, as that was the only sound
related package.  Uninstalling this package did not help.

I have an Creative AWE 64 Soundblaster card.  I am using the 2.2.12
kernal, and have compiled sound as a module.  (I recompiled the modules
and recreated the device files already - didn't help)

When I look at dmesg, it is complaining that the parameters for my sound
card are not set when the module is loaded
<snip>
Soundblaster audio driver Copyright (C) by Hannu Savolainen 1993-1996
sb_card: I/O, IRQ, and DMA are mandatory
<snip>

These are set in my kernel config, and it used to work.

Does anyone know what is happening here, or where I can put those
parameters to fix the problem?  Can I pass them as parameters to the
module when it is loaded somehow?

TIA
Rupert