Re: ppp

Kerstin writes:
> why does pppconfig save the nameserver entries in a separate file
> /etc/ppp/resolv and not as reported in /etc/resolv.conf?

When ppp comes up the dynamic-dns script in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d copies
/etc/resolv.conf to a safe place and replaces it with the appropriate file
from /etc/ppp/resolv (you can have a different file for each of several
ISP's).  When ppp goes down the dynamic-dns script in /etc/ppp/ip-down.d
copies the saved /etc/resolv.conf back.

It occurs to me that this may not be exactly how we want it to work with
demand dialing.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)