Re: no wonder...

Once upon a time, I heard John Hasler say

> Before proceeding to install and remove marked packages dselect (and
> aptitude) should put up a menu listing all the proposed changes and
> offering the user the choice of
For dselect,
>         Proceed to install and remove marked packages
Select  3. [I]nstall     Install and upgrade wanted packages.
or apt-get dselect-install
>         Edit the changes
Reselect  2. [S]elect      Request which packages you want on your
system.
>         Reverse all the marks and start over
I'm you can't do that if you alread exit select menu to main menu. But
if you are still in select menu. "X" would be your friend (note capital
X)
>         Exit without altering the database
Isn't this the same thing as above?

Chanop
| Chanop Silpa-Anan                          <chanop@writeme.com>             |
| Australian National University                                              |
| Tel. +61 2 6279 8826, +61 2 6279 8837 (office hour)                         |
|      +61 2 6249 5240 (home +voice mail)                                     |
|           Debian GNU/BSD            ICQ uin 11366301                        |