Re: FreeWWWeb

On Fri, 07 Apr 2000 16:59:16 -0700, r3ck@home.com wrote:

> I got my freewwweb account working using CHAP.  I only have this
> for backup for my flakey @home account and haven't used it much
> since I set it up.  @home went out the other night and I tried
> it and it no longer accepts my login.  @home came back on before
> I farted around with it too much so I'm not sure what changed.

I believe there is a requirement that you use it a certain number of hours per month or they with shut the account down.  I can't remember what the time is.  I've signed up for this, and it worked for me just by setting it up under pppconfig using PAP.  I had a problem with a Newcom modem that I finally got rid of.  I couldn't connect at all with it.  With a 3COM externall, it works great.

--
Marc
http://www.matwreck.org/marc