Re: FreeWWWeb

In article <[🔎] 004601bfa0e2$9f3fe100$4046d38c@oit.edu> you wrote:
>> I don't remember exactly what I did to get mine going, but I did wind up
> having to
>> use minicom to figure out what was happening. Then I think I had to make
> an entry in
>> pap-secrets for freewwweb (I can't currently access that box to look
> around at the
>> moment, so I'm having to do this by (poor) memory).
> Thanks, but I don't know minicom that good to use PAP scripts. I cannot just
> let it call the number, and I get a login screen, but that rejects
> everything I try. pap-secrets has an entry in it for freewwweb, but still it
> doesn't work.

I got my freewwweb account working using CHAP.  I only have this
for backup for my flakey @home account and haven't used it much
since I set it up.  @home went out the other night and I tried
it and it no longer accepts my login.  @home came back on before
I farted around with it too much so I'm not sure what changed.

I got signed off the deb-devel mailing list because of bounces
to my freewwweb mail account, and I can only pop home my mail
one time out of three (failed password) so I think they are
going through some problems.

Too bad because most of the other free services don't support
Linux -- you have to run Windows/Mac and put up with the
advertising bars.  Oh well.  Perhaps soon they'll get the
wrinkles out of broadband over power lines.