Re: installing two NIC's

On Wed, 05 Apr 2000 18:23:05 PDT, aphro writes:
>im thinking its a driver thing, outdated driver or the wrong driver, i
>dont have experience using the ne2k pci cards so i can't really advice
>further along that path :(

look at ´cat /proc/pci´, sometimes the used chipset is reported in the
identification/device id string of the card, like

  Bus  0, device   9, function  0:
    Ethernet controller: VIA Technologies Unknown device (rev 6).
      Vendor id=1106. Device id=3043.

/* via-rhine.c: A Linux Ethernet device driver for VIA Rhine family chips. */
<...>
        controller.  It also works with the older 3043 Rhine-I chip.
<...>

You can find the supported chipsets for ne2k-pci at
http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/ne2k-pci.html

hht,
&rw
--
/ Robert Waldner <Waldner@KPNQwest.at> | Phone: +43 1 89933 0 Fax x533 \
\        KPNQwest/AT tech staff        | Diefenbachg. 35   A-1150 Wien /