Re: stupid question about gs

On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 11:41:09PM +0800, maths wrote:
> hello everybody
>
> with the helps of this list, now my printer worked. but i
> have a stupid question about gs: how to specify the pages i
> want to print? "gs -?" told me: embed %d or %ld for page#
> but get me an exmple, i had try to print page 5 of foo.pdf use
>
> # gs -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=epsonc -sOutputFile=\|lpr foo.pdf %5
>
> it seem to not work.

If you have magicfilter or apsfilter set up, you can use a2ps to do this
for you

$ a2ps -1 --pages=5 foo.pdf

works as long as you have acroread, to which it delegates the file.  If
you don't have acroread, I guess you could turn foo.pdf into a ps file
using pdf2ps and then use the same command as above on foo.ps

a2ps has the added advantage of being able to use it for almost any type
of file (jpg, dvi, ...)

HTH,
Chris Gray

--
pick, pack, pock, puck: like drops of water in a fountain falling
softly in the brimming bowl.