Re: Finding all user files

On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 10:06:53AM +0200, Stephan Engelke wrote:
> Brian Clark writes:
> >
> > Can someone show me a way that I can find all files on a system belonging
> > to a specific user or group on a given system?
>
> Long  answer:  find / -group <groupname> -print
> Long  answer:  find / -user  <username>  -print

For some reason, i thought this as the answer to the question. Your
answer is probably more what Brian was looking for, though.
  find / \( -user <username> -o -group <groupname> \) -print

(the parens are there because otherwise the -print only goes with the
-group, not -user as well)

--
  finger for GPG public key.