Re: Simple text screen editor

> On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, John Gould wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>                I need to give a couple of users a simple editor that works
> within a virtual terminal (not X). These people are not really computer
> literate and would have trouble with vi or vim. They would be following
> written instructions to edit a couple of config files. Has anyone any
> suggestions as to a simple editor I could install such that they can
> carry out this task. Ease of use is much more important
> than editing power, hence the requirement to not use vi or vim.
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
> Best regards John

     Check out fte.  It is similar to MS-DOS editors.  Use left-Alt +
letter to select menu items.  There are different versions for X and

|   Christopher Judd, Ph. D.                                           |
|   Research Scientist                                                 |
|   NYS Dept. of Health                           judd@wadsworth.org   |
|   Wadsworth Center - ESP                                             |
|   P. O. Box 509                                    518 486-7829      |
|   Albany, NY 12201-0509                                              |