Any possibility of reading MS Works files in Linux?

Hello;

  I receive wps (Microsoft Works) files regularly... And they are
  important files. The person who sends them to me is not really a
  computer person, and I've already tried to ask for the files in some
  other format, but this is not an option, as far as I can
  see. I've tried StarOffice and Corel WordPerfect, but they won't
  read these files.

  So... Is there any chance that I'll be able to read those files
  without having to ask for someone else convert them into .doc ot
  .txt?

Thank you a lot,
J.

--
Jeronimo Pellegrini
Institute of Computing - Unicamp - Brazil