Re: dpkg with force option

On 03 Apr 2000, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> My tetex installation is badly broken; I can't either remove it or
> reinstall it.
>
> Can someone please say what is the syntax for forcing dpkg to do this? I
> can't follow the description in the man page.
>
> Anthony

Sorry to follow up on my own post, but I've now figured out how to use
the force option. However, I'm no better off, because I still can't get
tetex-base or tetex-bin to install properly. They are still
half-installed.

Is there any way to do get them installed, apart from reinstalling the
whole system :-)

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux Debian 2.1 (Windows-free zone)
Book Reviews: http://www.pentelikon.freeserve.co.uk/bookreviews/

"To be forced by desire into any unwarrantable belief is a calamity."
I.A. Richards