Problem with Oracle 8i on potato

Greetings

Has anyone tried to get Oracle 8i running on potato? I am having a
segmentation fault problem with certain binaries: svrmgrl, sqlplus,
sqlldr, imp, exp, dbv, to mention a few, immediately seg fault upon
execution yet a couple of others (lsnrctl, tkprof) work fine.  I
initially tried with glibc 2.1.3-5; I installed the latest (2.1.3-7)
but it's still no good.

I have already installed the latest Oracle patch for this version of
the database (8.1.5.0.2) plus have run their relinking tool; I also
have verified that I am referencing the correct Oracle libraries in my
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Seems like current versions of Slackware, RedHat and SuSE don't have
any problems at all getting 8i running.

Any help would be most appreciated; I can send copies of strace run
against several of the faulty binaries to anyone who wishes to see
them.

Cheers

Matt

--
Matt Surico                 | "                        "
Oracle Certified            |