Re: Boot disk quit working after second install

Lehel Bernadt wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, Erik Ryberg wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a 6 gig hard drive with debian on the first 4 gigs.  I installed an old SUSE last
> > night on the last 2 gigs in order to try out MySQL which allegedly came with that
> > distribution.
> >
> > I boot debian with a boot disk as I have, sigh, Windows on another drive and I had a
> > scary experience once with LILO that I don't care to repeat.
> >
> > Now I can't boot anything on my Linux drive.  My boot disk (and backup boot disks) runs
> > in the A drive but windows 95 starts right up each time.
>
> What kind of boot disk do you have :
> ext2+lilo, fat+syslinux, loadlin or just the raw kernel ?
> What is its configuration ?
> I understand that you use the same disk for debian & suse. How did you altered
> the config to boot suse instead of debian ?

Ummmm. . .. I don't know.  It was a boot disk I made during the install.  I seem to recall
seeing loadlin come up but I confess I didn't pay that much attention when it was booting.
When I booted my computer some text would come up with the word "boot" and almost immediately
it would say "booting the kernel" or something like that, then it would scroll through the
various drives and so forth and then I would be in Debian, and it would ask for login &
password.

I hope you can help with this.

Erik